Introduction: How to Make Rope for a Bracelet From a Plastic Bottle
This instructable will show you how to make string or rope out of a plastic bottle. Not only is this a great way to make cool string, but it is great way to recycle old plastic bottles
1. Cutting implement
2. Plastic water or soda bottle
Step 1: Get Your Supplies!
For this, you will need a plastic bottle and a type of cutting implement. A razor blade or something similar such as an Exacto knife is optimal. However, scissors will work too. Any bottle will work well for this as long as it is made from plastic.
Step 2: Prepare the Bottle
Cut off the top part where the cap screws on to the bottom and the bottom part where there is texture in the plastic.
Step 3: Start Cutting the Bottle
Start by diagonally cutting down the bottle making a strip of plastic as you work your way down to the base.
Step 4: Start Making String
You now have two options to make your string. You can either do this two more times with separate bottles or you can cut the strip into three separate pieces. Once you have three strips of plastic, braid them together.
Step 5: Extra Step: How to Braid
1. Take the three strips and place them next to each other.
2. Take the left-most strip and place it between the middle and right strip.
3. Repeat this step on the right side by putting the right-most strip in between the left and middle one.
4. Continue to complete this pattern all the way down until you reach the end of the three strips.
Step 6: Tie Off Ends
Tie off the ends so the braid doesn't come undone. You can also use a lighter to melt the ends together for an even stronger connection.
Step 7: Have Fun!
Have fun with your new string. You can make bracelets or necklaces out of it