Introduction: How to Make a BJJ Dummy to Help You Train During the Covid-19 Period
During the Covid-19 period many of us who enjoy BJJ (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) or any other martial art, found ourselves unable to train.
This instructable is meant to assist you in creating a good quality dummy training partner which is made of objects that can be found in any house.
Hope you enjoy!
- BJJ GI (Suit, pants and belt)
- Big and small pillows
- Big blanket
- 2 small blankets / towels
- 4 Rubber bands
Step 1: Step 1: Making the Pants
1. Take the big blanket and roll it up tight from its longer side.
2. Then take the pants and start inserting the rolled blanket inside such that it will be a fitting replacement for the legs. You can either insert it from the bottom of one side up and then to the next side (preferred) or from the top and then insert each side of the blanket.
Step 2: Step 2: Making the Upper Part
1. Start by inserting the 2 small blankets / towels into the hoodie's sleeves.
2. Insert the big pillow from the bottom so that it will fill the remaining part of the hoodie's body.
3. Insert the small pillow so that it will fill up the hoodie's cap, and tie up it's laces if there are such so that it won't move.
4. Take our modified hoodie and place it inside the GI's upper part.
Step 3: Step 3: Putting It All Together
1. Put close together the pants and the upper part (which we created in parts 1 & 2 respectively). It is also recommended to try to push and insert the pants into the hoodie's bottom part.
2. Tie up the belt.
3. On the sleeves and legs place the 4 rubber bands to prevent the blankets / towels from moving.
4. You are ready to train and enjoy your dummy.