Introduction: How to Make a Bed
If your house is anything like mine, your husband, partner, children, etc. cannot properly make a bed. Or perhaps you, yourself, are an individual who does not know where or how to start when making a bed. It can seem overwhelming, daunting, and challenging. If that sounds like you or your loved one, then look no further! Below are easy-to-follow steps detailing materials needed and assembly steps for any beginner bed-maker. Happy Making!
- Mattress/Box Spring (Queen-size will be used for this demonstration)
- Queen-sized Fitted Sheet
- Queen-sized Top Sheet
- Queen-sized Comforter
- 2 Pillows (Standard-size will be used for this demonstration)
- 2 Standard-sized Pillowcases
- Throw Blanket (Optional)
- Decorator Pillows (Optional)
Step 1: Preparation
- Ensure you have all the materials required prior to starting the project.
- Clean materials will yield the best results.
Step 2: Fitted Sheet Assembly Steps
- Lay out all materials prior to starting and ensure your mattress/box spring is ready.
- Take the fitted sheet (the sheet that NOBODY IN THE WORLD can successfully fold which has four tight, curved corners) and ensure you match up the long edge of the sheet with the long edge of the bed.
- Begin to tuck each corner of the sheet around each corner of the mattress until all four corners of the sheet are covering the four corners of the mattress and the sheet is tight.
Step 3: Top Sheet Assembly Steps
- Take the top sheet (the one that is a giant rectangle with no curved corners) and ensure you match up the long edge of the sheet with the long edge of the bed.
- Next, find the middle of the shorter end of the sheet.
- Take the middle of the sheet where you have grabbed with your finger and place it at the top of the bed in the middle (this step is crucial to get the sheet evenly placed on the bed and avoid battles between individuals who "hog" bed sheets).
- Once you have the middle placed, you can begin spreading the sheet out to lay flat across the entire bed.
- On the two corners furthest from the headboard, tuck the right side of the sheet corner under the mattress.
- Follow up by tucking the left side of the same corner under the mattress. This will ensure the sheet stays put. Repeat with the other corner furthest from the headboard (two corners will have this done total).
- Your corners should look all tucked in once done (if they do not, untuck the sheet and repeat steps 5 and 6).
- Tuck the remaining portion of the sheet (that are between the two tucked corners) under the mattress.
Step 4: Pillow Assembly Steps
- Take one pillow at a time and one pillowcase. Take the short end of the pillow and slide it into the open end of the pillow case until the pillow is all the way inside the pillowcase.
- Repeat step 1 with the second pillow and set the pillow on top of the top sheet at the top of the bed.
Step 5: Comforter Assembly Steps
- Take the comforter and ensure you match up the long edge of the comforter with the long edge of the bed. Next, find the middle of the shorter end of the sheet.
- Take the middle of the comforter where you have grabbed with your finger and place it at the top of the bed in the middle (this step is crucial to get the comforter evenly placed on the bed).
- Once you have the middle placed, you can begin spreading the comforter out to lay flat across the entire bed.
CONGRATULATIONS! You have successfully made a bed! For optional add-ons, continue reading!
Step 6: Optional Add-on Assembly Steps
- Gather optional add-ons.
- Start with big pillow first as a base.
- Start filling in with smaller pillows going from dark to light...(who am I kidding, just go wild and have fun with this step)!
- Add final touches and voila! You have a perfectly made bed.
Be the First to Share
2 years ago
It's amazing how many people there are how could benefit from this project. ;)