Introduction: How to Make a Custom Wig
Ladies, are you wanting to keep up with the latest hairstyles? But can’t afford to pay for a new wig every time a new look hit the market? If you are a hair diva like me, then you know bundles aren’t cheap and having your stylist create you a wig is costly. You are looking to pay at least 300.00 plus for a custom wig! WOW!!! Allow me to help you cut that in half.
- Wig Cap
- Canvas Block Head
- Needle and Thread
- Wig Stand Comb
- 3 Bundles and a Closure
- Flat Iron
- Pins Dryer
- Form Wrap
Step 1: Supplies
- Gather all supplies, connect the canvas to the wig stand and gently stretch the wig cap over the canvas.
Step 2: Closure, Then Bundles
- It is very important that you start with sewing your closure down first. Center the closure directly in the center front of the wig. Line the lace on the closure as close to the edge of the of the wig cap as possible. You’ll understand why later. Once everything is stable take you pin and secure the closure in place.
Step 3: From Ear to Ear
- Determine how much thread you will need to sew down your closure. Make sure there is no hump. You want your closure to lay flat. Begin by knotting your thread and then start sewing through the cap into the track.
- Clip your closure out the way. Next, is the back area. I prefer to start from ear to ear and work my way up.
- Once your wig is full to your liking. Take some foam wrap and place it on the wig, this will help the hair lay down better.
Step 4: Time to Flat Iron
- Place your canvas under the dryer for an hour.
- Once the hair is dry begin to flat iron.
Step 5: Completed Look
- Gently take the wig off the canvas and cut off the lace in the front of the wig.
- Lastly, flip the wig inside out and cut out the opening under the lace front.
- Finished Product