Introduction: How to Waterproof Your Shoes
MAKE SURE THE LACES HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THE SHOESOME ELECTRONIC APPLIANCES ARE NECESSARY
- THIS WORKS ONLY FOR CANVAS SHOES
- MAKE SURE SHOES ARE CLEAN BEFORE APPLICATION
- If there is dirt present the wax will not adhere to the fabric of the shoe properly
- Cleaning shoes after application is extremely difficult
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
- Taper Candles
- 10 in. white candle stick
- ANY Canvas Shoe w/o laces
- Converse, Vans, Keds, etc.
- Hair Dryer w/ high heat setting
- Paper Towels
- Old towel OR newspaper
Step 2: Prep Work Area
- Place an old towel or newspaper down to prevent any messes throughout this process.
Step 3: Check the Shoe(s)
- Make sure that the shoe is dry, clean, and the laces are removed.
Step 4: Prep the Shoe(s)
- Tightly pack paper towels into the shoe for support.
Step 5: Remove Plastic From Candle
- Remove the plastic from the candle before applying to the shoe
Step 6: Apply Wax to Shoe(s) WITH FORCE
- “Color” the shoe with the candle stick
- Apply forcefully
Step 7: Apply Until a White/Waxy Coat Appears
- If there are still dark spots on the shoe then reapply the wax harder to those areas.
- Make sure the ENTIRE shoe has a thick layer of wax.
Step 8: Set Hair Dryer to High Heat
- If the hair dryer is on low heat then the wax will take longer to soak into the fabric.
Step 9: Apply Heat to the Shoe(s)
- Wave the hair dryer back and forth along the entire shoe slowly.
Step 10: Apply Heat Until the Wax Disappears
- If the wax appearance is still on the surface of the shoe, you haven't applied enough heat.
Step 11: Let Shoe(s) Cool Off
- Let the shoe cool off for 1-2 minutes before performing the next step
Step 12: Test Your Results!
- Slowly pour water on the shoe to test if the shoe is waterproof or not!
Step 13: Repeat IF NECESSARY
Repeat steps 2-9.
- If the shoe is not waterproof, allow the shoe to dry.
- Apply Heat with hair dryer
Make it Glow Contest
First Time Author Contest
Anything Goes Contest