Introduction: How to Make Delicious Enchiladas
These aren't authentic Mexican enchiladas, but you won't care after trying them! In this short video, Chrissy teaches you how to make her quick and easy 'White Girl Enchiladas.'
Step 1: Ingredients
- 3lbs Ground Beef
- 16oz Shredded Cheese
- 8oz can Tomato Sauce
- Cayenne Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Ground Cumin
- 1pkt of Enchilada
- Sauce Mix
- 12-14 Corn Tortillas
Step 2: Directions
- Add the Tomato Sauce, Enchilada Sauce Packet, and 3 cups of water to your sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add the meat to a different pan.
- Season the meat with salt, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and cumin. Season to taste, roughly 1/2 Tbs.
- Stir periodically as the meat cooks down.
- Once the meat is done cooking, and the sauce has come to a boil, remove both from the stove.
- Drain the grease off the meat.
- Pour 1/2 cup of sauce into the drained meat.
- Add a couple pinches of shredded cheese to the meat, and mix in.
- Pour half the sauce into your baking dish.
- Sprinkle the tortillas with a little water and then warm them in the microwave for 20 seconds to soften them.
- Put a healthy portion of meat into the center of the tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla tightly around the meat and place into the baking dish.
- Repeat until you've filled the dish.
- Pour the remainder of the sauce over the top of the enchiladas.
- Top heavily with shredded cheese.
- Cook at 350deg for about 15 mins. You're looking for the cheese to fully melt and the sauce to be bubbling.
- Let cool for a minute so the cheese can firm back up a bit and serve.
Step 3: Enjoy!
Your family will love these enchiladas, and for just over $10 for the meal, your wallet will too!
- 3lbs Ground Beef..................$6.00
- 16oz Shredded Cheddar.......$2.50
- 8oz Tomato Sauce............... $0.35
- Enchilada Sauce................... $1.00
- Corn Tortilla (12-14).............. $0.75
Prices are an approximation based on prices at my local grocery store. Prices may vary depending on region.
Step 4: Subscribe!
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to subscribe to Cooking With Chrissy on our various social media outlets. Chrissy will be delivering you at least 2 new cost and time saving recipe videos a week.
7 years ago on Introduction
My recipe is very similar to this, and yea, yummy. Have you tried yet, instead of 3lbs of beef, doing 1lb beef, 1lb ground chicken, and 1lb ground pork? It's seriously amazing.
Reply 7 years ago on Introduction
I haven't tried that meat combination, but at one time I would use 2lbs ground turkey to 1lb of ground beef to save a little money. There's not much of a price savings on ground turkey in my region anymore so I don't bother. I'll hafta try the combo you suggested one day. Sounds yummy!