Introduction: How to Make a Baby Go Kart in 15 Mins.
So I looked around to see what junk I had in my work shop and came accross a set of wheels from my old bbq which I contemplated many times to throw away but just kept for something....
I also found a few old wooden shelves, one 360 wheel and some rope.
That is all I needed for this quick project.
Materials for this project:
- Plywood, mdf ect'.
- Screw gun + screws.
- Hand saw, pencil, adjustable square, tape.
- Spray paint
- BABY FOR TESTING IT!!!!
Step 1: Choosing Your Materials
Many materials could be used. I found old wooden shelfs for the Kart frame and plywood for the floor. The wheels are from an old BBQ and the small 360 wheel is from another old drawer unit.
Step 2: Cutting
The only reason I didn't use my mitre saw was because my baby was beside me when doing this project and he dosen't like the noise of the saw. So I used hand saw, very quick cuts.
You just have to decide on the final size of the Kart according to the wheels and your baby's size.
Step 3: Attaching Go Kart Frame
Drill pilot holes and screw all sides and the Kart base.
Step 4: Wheels and Paint
- Mark 2 holes for the wheel axles using an adjustable square or just a measuring tape.
- If the wheels axle is to big use some sort of tube spacer for both wheele sites.
- Attach 1 front 360 degree wheel in the center of the front of the Kart.
- Paint it or don't paint it it's up to you. I had a can of silver spray so I lashed it on.
- Screw 2 pieces of wood above the wheels to protect baby's hands.
- Drill 2 holes in the front to attach the rope.
Step 5: Kart Is Ready to Gooooooooooo!!!!!
The Go Kart is ready. I took this video just to show you how easy it is to bring joy to a little person.