Introduction: How to Make a Emboss on Silver?
The Guatemalan hand-crafts are part of a culture of changes since it started many thousands years ago who were the Maya who started this type of elements that represent a culture or group.
The crafts are everything that makes a human being without the aid of machinery.A craft represents design and art in which a person makes their own hands.
Emboss is craft technique that involves working on sheet metal, leather, or other materials with similar characteristics to obtain a design in relief.
Step 1: Get the Materials
What materials we need?
• Lamina Silver, Brass or Tin: You can get them in any store dedicated to craft items . May have different performances, either lamina ( with dimensions specific ) or roll . The election will take it considering the size of the sheet we need for our particular job, or by the amount of work that we will perform as the roll contains much more quantity, and although it represents a cost a little higher than the sheet only , can get more profitable in the long run if you make multiple jobs.
• Fluted tip: These allow you to record the drawing on the reverse and refine the edge on the right side. You can find different stores chisels, round trip , fine or medium , and even balls of various sizes.
• Palettes: chisels are flat curved tip and used to round and soften the inside of the work.
• Diffusions: They are used to give volume . They also come in different sizes and thicknesses. We can find them in the form of pressed paper or plastic-tipped pen .
• Suede: We used to support the work and allow us to give volume to the subject.
• Iron cutting any hard surface will act as our base, and that allows us to establish the right work once given the volume to reason that we are working.
• Grafilador : It is used to make ornaments , deep down , in nerves of leaves, etc. .
• Cutter: We'll use it to cut straight lines.
• Cotton: Cotton need clean power to remove the metals and metal polishing.
• Contact Adhesive: To secure the metal to wood, or any other medium chosen.
• Varnish for metals: Used to protect the metal .
Step 2: Make the Drawing
First of all, you have to make your own drawing that can be what ever you want like as an also a portrait. You can get a photography of you or your family that can be fine. If you choose the photography it can be more difficult because you have to brush up stroke by stroke.
Step 3: Paste the Paper Sheet
Get what you draw on paper and paste it on the silver sheet which will print the drawing, so it does not move the drawing. With the palette drawing contour outline very carefully, not too strong becausep the iron can be broken, and be sure to review the entire drawing. Then remove the blade so as not to break or crack the board.
Step 4: Review the Outline
Carefully traces the line without applying much force as the aluminum plate is very thin and can break or crack. To make the details using the other palettes for embossing.
Step 5: Do the Details
Do the details carefully and in a good way, in this step requires patience and creativity to create your own designs or embellishments. You can also paint it.
Step 6: ENJOY IT
Carlos Fernando Marroquin
Jose Pablo Fong
Juan Pablo Giron