Introduction: How to Make an Adjustable Bracelet
Love making bracelets but hate having to pull them past your hand? Problem solved! This instructable will show you how to make an adjustable bracelet. Just loosen, slip on, and tighten!
Step 1: Materials
-yarn, up to three colors
Step 2: Measure, Cut, and Tie
1. Wrap the yarn twice around your wrist. Repeat twice with a different color (or the same color, it doesn't matter) so that you have three pieces of yarn.
2. Tie the yarn together. Double knot to make the knot bigger.
Step 3: Braid
Braid. Double knot when you're done
If you don't know how to braid:
1. Take the left piece of yarn and pull it over the middle piece. You are essentially switching the middle and left piece.
2. Take the right piece and pull it over the new middle piece (the one that was on the originally on the left)
3.Keep repeating until you reach the bottom
4.Double knot again when you are done
Step 4: Finishing Up (that Was Fast, Right?)
1. Overlap the two ends however much seems convenient to you.
2. Cut two pieces of yarn. Thread would work to if you wanted it to be less noticeable but it isn't as strong.
3. Use those two pieces of yarn (or thread, whatever floats your boat) to tie knots on the overlapping area.
4. Trim the knots.
5. Pull those knots toward the edges (the double knots you made earlier).
Step 5: The End
Congrats! You have a beautiful new bracelet!
Participated in the
Summer Yarns Contest