Introduction: How to Mod 4th/5th Generation Pokémon Savegames (No R4 and Other Flashcards Needed!)
Good morning, Instructables users. I'm going to show you how to mod Pokémon savegames without R4, DSTT and other flashcards. This instructables works on 4th/5th Generation Pokémon games (Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/Heartgold/Soulsilver/Black/White). Let's start!
What you need:
- A 4th/5th Generation Original Pokémon game
- An Action Replay DS Media Edition
- A Micro SD (Max. 2 GB Memory, this instructables will not work with Micro SDHC which have almost 4 GB of Memory)
- Pokésav PC software http://pokecheats.net/pokesav/download.php
- NDS Save Converter http://dl.qj.net/nintendo-ds/homebrew-applications/nds-save-converter-v25.html
- A NDS/NDS Lite (It doesn't work on DSi/DSi XL/3DS and 3DS XL)
Insert Action Replay DS Media Edition with a 4th/5th Generation Pokémon game in the NDS.
Select "DATAMAX" option.
Select "Backup Cart" option.
Enter Game Name.
Enter Save Name.
Entet Save Description.
Wait some seconds.
Exit from the "DATAMAX".
Remove the Micro SD from ARDS Media Edition and insert it in the PC.
Open NDS Save Converter, select "ARDS Media Edition" as source format and "TTDS" as target format.
Convert the save.
Open "Pokésav", open the converted save, modify it and save the changes.
Convert the modified save selecting "TTDS" as source format and "ARDS Media Edition" as target format.
Put the save in the MicroSD.
Select "Restore Cart" option.
Select the modified save.
Wait while DATAMAX replaces the old save with the modified save.
Exit from DATAMAX.
Turn off the NDS.
Put the game on NDS Slot.