Introduction: IOT Application Anti-addiction BOX
In this project, I choose the electric solenoid lock as the box switch. If there is no press in keys for 3 minutes, the box will enter the sleep mode. Press the key 1 will wake up the box and send IoT order to open the box via the module OBLOQ. Once the IoT platform receives, it will decide to send or not send the order to open the box. When the box is awake, it will send the status data(Open/ Closed), the object thickness (with a ultrasonic distance detector) and the object weight (with a digital weight sensor). These key parameters can prevent some smart children cheating works. The reason why we set password is that it can be directly opened when adults at home. The 3 colors RGB LED (Blue, Green, Red) module is in the front of the box. When Blue is ON, suggesting the device is awake; When Green is ON, which suggests the box will be unlocked immediately; When Red is ON, which means the password is wrong. Well, the LED is OFF, means the box enters the sleep mode.
Smartphone Remote Control Box Open: The phone receives the request from the box, the input 0123456789A in the IoT platform and click send, box is open. Now, kids can play iPad and phone.
Computer Remote Control Box Open: The principle is same as the smartphone.
DFR0216 DFRduino UNO R3 - Arduino Compatible x1
DFR0265 Gravity IO Expansion Shield for Arduino V7.1 x1
TEL0118 Gravity: UART OBLOQ – IoT Module (Microsoft Azure) x1
DFR0017 Gravity: Digital 5A Relay Module x1
FIT0129 Sealed Membrane 4*4 button pad with sticker x1
SEN0307 Gravity: URM09 Analog Ultrasonic Sensor x1
SEN0160 Gravity: Digital Weight Sensor x1
FIT0620 Electric Solenoid Lock x1
DFR0605 Gravity: Digital RGB LED Module x1
FIT0365 Jumper Wires 7.8" F/M (High Quality 30 Pack) x1
DC 5.5*2.1mm 1 F 2 M Power Supply Wire
9~12 V Power Supply
Hinge (2.62inch) x1(the image shows the other spare one)
Step 1: Check Different Status Shows
These photos are Active by password sleep mode,Working when awake,Input wrong password in order.
Step 2: Design the Box Outlook
Step 3: FDM 3D Printing
Step 4: Install the Keyboard
Step 5: Install RGB LED Module
- In the inner of the box, the front side has a position to install LED module (Left), you just need to fix LED at here with a self-tapping screw.
- The button, please place as below and use M5x10 self-tapping screws to fix modules into the board one by one, OBLOQ module, gravity weight sensor, relay and UNO, expansion shield.
- There are 2 M5 screw holes in the left of the aluminum block, using M5x20 screws (with nut) to fix it into the button board.
- Place nuts to the 2 hexagonal holes in the button and seis up.
- Taking the screw to go through the aluminum block in the inner part and twist it tightly into the nut to fix the aluminum block.
- Then install the electric solenoid lock, put 2 M3x18 screws and nuts to the hexagonal holes in the button and seis up.
- Pull the lock down in the inner and fasten it to the position to install and fix with 2 M3x18 screws.
Step 6: Install the Box Hinge
Step 7: Install the Ultrasonic Module and Locking Tap With Self-Tapping Screws
- Put all wires to 2 slots, if wires are too many to put, you can try putting the thick ones, and pressing others with them.
- Modify the WIFI name (WIFISSID), Wi-Fi password(WIFIPWD), IOT platform(SERVER), IOT ID(IOTID), IOT password(IOTPWD), device number(TOPIC) and the password to open the box (number within” ” in the adminPassword ) according to your own, I set the password to 0123456789A and confirm it via pressing the key #, and uploading the code.
- Taking 2 M4x35 screws to go through the pallet and fix them to 2 M4 screw holes in the aluminum block to handle the pallet.
The work is done, plugin the external power supply and the box begins to work.
That is all, thanks for your reading and your kindly sharing will be appriciated.