Introduction: Intro and Materials: Honeycomb Brittle V2.1.98
Honey is one of the sweetest, best-tasting natural foods that you can buy. Now what if I were to tell you that you could make candy out of honey. Honeycomb brittle is just that, and if made correctly, tastes absolutely delicious. If made correctly, this recipe will give the candy a great taste, and will even give it holes similar to honeycomb. In this instructable, I will explain how to make new and improved honeycomb brittle.
For materials you will need
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Candy thermometer
Step 1: Steps to Making the Brittle
- Before you mix everything together you will want to line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Next mix the sugar, honey, and water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Keep stirring until it is brought to a boil.
- Attach candy thermometer once mixture begins to boil.
- Wait until mixture reaches 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take pan off heat once it reaches 300 and stir in baking soda and salt.
- Continue to stir the mixture until the color is golden.
- Pour the mixture into the lined pan with parchment paper
- Wait at least an hour then break into pieces
Step 2: Expected Results
When it is done cooking it should be a golden color, but slightly lighter than this, as the picture taken was slightly overcooked. But when finally cooked and broken up, results should be expected to be similar to the pictures shown. The holes in your brittle should be similar to these, and you can use more or less baking soda to add or take away the holes.
Participated in the