Introduction: Magnetic Skateboard Wall Holder
After seeing Genghis72's Instructable I had to make my own really. The only problem was, my skateboards were much much heavier.
- Lots of screws (4x skateboard)
- Anchors (3x skateboard)
- A skateboard (1x skateboard)
- Sandpaper ( up to 1000 grit)
- Spray paint
4 in PVC pipe
Step 1: Magnetic Wall Holders
I really liked genghis72's Magnetic Holders which he designed himself and after printing them I decided there was no reason to reinvent the wheel.
Finishing the Holder
- Sand the parts down to a 1000 grit finish to get that sexy smooth polished look and then add in the magnets with epoxy or how you see fit.
Step 2: Line 'Em Up
- Set the holders to whatever height you desire and screw them in using anchors. I placed all four of mine on studs to maximize strength.
- Next grab a 4 inch PVC pipe and cut it every 3 inches.
- Cut out a fourth of the circumference
- With a heat gun bend one of the edges inward
Step 3: Bend Again
Using a heat gun and splint of wood bend back the lip so that you have a Lima bean looking shape
Repeat until all are bent in position.
Step 4: Screw It In
Spray paint a color that is not gold because I truly regret that decision and screw into the wall.
Tada, finished. Add and remove skateboards as pleased.
Question 3 years ago on Introduction
Do you still have the file for 3D printing the holder? I would like to make it but there is no File to be found.
Answer 3 years ago
I would have to look for it. I'll try to find it but no promises, it's been quite a while since I printed these out
Reply 3 years ago
Super, looking forward to your answer.
Reply 2 years ago
Sorry for going dark, I was unable to find the files anymore.
Question 3 years ago
Would you have any interest in (and availability to) make another one of these wall mount systems? These are quite impressive. If so, what would you charge?
Answer 3 years ago
Hi Mannonj, I apologise for not seeing this. I probably wouldn't be able to remake these because I am not on good terms with my schools printing facilities. There are alternatives you could try with pvc.
4 years ago
Cool. Wall art and storage combined.
Reply 4 years ago
Thank you :)