Introduction: Lego Mini S.S. Drake (Pikmin 3)
Hey everyone! Mastermind here! I'd like to thank everyone for all the views my first Instructable got. Pretty amazing for such a new guy.
Seeing all the views I was getting, I had to make a new one. My initial thought was to make another transformer, and I will, just later. Instead, I picked a model: the S. S. Drake from Pikmin 3. It's a cool little spaceship. Compared to the other spaceships from the Pikmin series, the Drake is by far the most technologically advanced. It can land itself and has a tractor beam that doubles as a communications satellite. (If you have no idea what I am talking about, go to http://pikmin.wikia.com/)
Some issues I had:
The satellite dish
The legs were too long
How do you even get the shape of the body???
The idea for the project came took one day, and the actual hands on designing of the model took less than 24 hours. Enjoy!!
Step 1: Parts
- # of bricks: type
- 4: 1 x 2 grilles
- 4; 1 x 2 plates
- 1: 1 x 1 plate
- 1: 1 x 1 circular plate (stud)
- 1: 1 x 1 cheese slope
- 1: 4 x 4 circular plate
- 1: "L" bar with stud
- 1: 1 x 1 brick with 5 studs
- 1: 4 x 4 dish
- 1: 2 x 2 dish
- 8: 1 x 2 plates with horizontal bars on the short end
- 3: 1 x 2 cheese slopes
- 2: 2 x 2 circular plates
- 1: small "+" pin
- 9: 1 x 1 plates with vertical clips
Step 2: Legs
- Attach a 1 x 1 plate with a vertical clip to a 1 x 2 plate with a bar on the short end
- Place another 1 x 2 plate on top of the first, pointing in the opposite direction
- Clip another 1 x 1 plate on to the previously placed piece.
- Place a 1 x 2 grille on top of the 1 x 2 plate
Step 3: Main Body
- Flip the 4 x 4 circular plate upside down
- Attach a 2 x 2 circular plate to the middle of the underside of the previous piece.
- Place four 1 x 2 plates on to the bottom of the 4 x 4 plate as shown
- Flip the whole thing upside down.
- Place another 2 x 2 circular plate to the top center of the 4 x 4 plate
- Stick the 1 x 1 stud in the middle of the 2 x 2 plate
- Place the 2 x 2 dish on the stud.
- Place the three 1 x 2 cheese slopes as shown
- Place the 1 x 1 cheese slope as shown.
Step 4: Satellite Dish
- Attach a 1 x 1 plate with a vertical clamp as shown
- Clip on the "L" bar as shown
Step 5: Leg Housing
- Flip the 4 x 4 dish upside down
- Insert the "+" pin into the dish
- Insert the other end of the pin into the bottom of the main body
- Place the 1 x 1 brick with 5 studs on to the dish as shown
- Place the 1 x 1 plate on to the 1 x 1 brick as shown
- Attach legs and adjust
Make sure that the legs have the lowermost 1 x 1 plate with a clip on the bottom. Check the picture to see what I'm saying.
Step 6: That's It!
Two bonuses here for you:
- Here's a picture of the finished S. S. Drake. I couldn't get a Pikmin background, so I used something else instead. Can you guess what it is?...
- Not sure if it shows up well, but I scanned my brainstorm notes. They show an older design of this model.
Thanks for reading everyone! If anyone has any recommendations on what to make next, please tell me!