Introduction: Legolas Greenleaf Costume From Hobbit

About: Hobbyist, 3d designer, Always looking for a new experience, new interesting stuff to work with. My main focus is cosplay, and arts

Hey guys, just wanted to show my quick build of Legolas costume from Hobbit.
It took me about a week to make it, working on it 2-3hrs daily. Wig and ears are store bought, the rest I made from scratch


5 ft of green suade
5 ft of green pleather
2 ft of brown keper
2 ft of interfacing
1 small bottle of gold puff paint
Glue gun, sewing thread

Step 1: Green Robe

As I'm not the best at tayloring, I use method "tape yourself" to make pattern for this build.
Tapped myself, and when I cut all the piece, I cut fabric with those patterns.
Then I did embroidery, green lines on from and on the back, zig zag stich, and I sew whole thing together. Sleeves were bit tricky.

Step 2: Brown Shirt

The same pattern method, only thing I added that hanging piece, which I just cut out free hand. And inserted later after I was finished doing embroidery on it. Important thing here, is to add interfacing, so you can have good stiffness, for embroidery work. As of those lines, well, I just drew those with white pencil , and followed the lines while doing zig zag stich.

Step 3: Boots and Cuffs

Now we come to the pleather stuff. Not easy thing to work with, just go slow. I followed same rule as before, tape myself, make a pattern and cut the pleather. Remember to add some space for seam.
Only thing different here, is that I used puff paint to draw details on it, because embroidery on faux leather isn't that easy. But it came out good. Free handed all the lines, I could be more exact with some kind of pattern, but like I said, it was a speed build, and puff paint is really durable, and it adhere to pleather perfectly. Left overnight to dry . The boots are actually just boot covers for my sneakers.

Step 4: Leaf Shiled

Now, this is a tricky , and tedious stuff. Again, tape and cut for the shape, and later I just improvised with shoulder pieces, just by drawing up a shape, and sew it later. I made a template of 1 leaf , and spent whole afternoon cutting bunch of it from pleather, because, I needed a lot. Some of the were added on the back to hide zipper on the brown shirt, most was glued on a fabric , with glue gun to hold them in place. On the end, I just used gold puff paint, to dry brush, that sir of shimmery look I wanted, and I'm really happy the way it came out. Mannequin really helps around this things

Book Character Costume Challenge

Participated in the
Book Character Costume Challenge