Introduction: Light Up Your Tent With Sugru, Magnets & a Bottle Cap!
This is a simple yet genius idea for all you outdoor types — whether you're heading into the countryside for the weekend, off to a festival or setting up camp for your kids in the back garden. Using Sugru + magnets you can keep the most essential piece of your kit (your torch!) right where you need it.
Sugru + magnets let you attach anything to anything, so this idea can be used to make any torch magnetic! Plus it's versatile so you can adapt this idea and defy gravity at home or in the garden too!
But be warned: this is seriously addictive :D
Need to stock up on Sugru? Head over to our site for 15% off right now!
Step 1: Divide Your Sugru
One single use sachet of Sugru is enough to hang your torch.
- Start by opening your pack and dividing the Sugru into two even-sized pieces.
Step 2: Attach the Magnet to Your Torch
- Take one piece of Sugru from your single use sachet and stick it to your magnet.
- Build the Sugru into a pyramid with your fingers. This will make it easier to stick the magnet to your torch.
- Press the magnet onto your torch.
Top Tip: Sugru is easily mouldable, so you can press your magnet onto any surface! (For more tips on how to make the most of Sugru, check out our awesome tips page).
- Smooth around the edges using your finger for a neat finish.
Step 3: Construct Bottle Cap Hanger
- Take the second piece of Sugru and press it into the underside of a bottle cap.
Top Tip: We used a bottle cap, but you can use anything as long as it's made of ferrous metal! You could use a penny washer (or if you're from the UK a 2p coin works well).
- Embed your choice of rope into the Sugru.
- Wait 24 hours for your Sugru to cure.
Step 4: Light Up Your Tent
- Now you're ready to hang your torch from the top of your tent. Easy to reach, easy to grab and easy to replace: just snap it on and off and you're ready for your next adventure!
Once you start using Sugru + magnets, you'll start to wonder why everything isn't magnetic! Check out loads more Sugru + magnet project ideas.
Or head over to our site for more ideas and inspiration to make the most of summer.
And as always, thanks for being a part of our Sugru community!