Introduction: Line Following Robot
It may not know who you are. But it will look for you and it will find you. And nothing that comes in its way will be spared by it. It is none other than the determined and precise Line Following Robot!
Enough of the filmy stuff. Who’s all excited to make one with us? Bet you are! So, why wait any longer?
Ready. Set. DIY!
Step 1: Things You'll Need:
Step 2: Making of the Base Robot
- The following image shows the annotated base, which is the bottom layer. The top layer has the evive’s logo.
Step 3: Attaching the IR Sensors
- We will now attach 2 IR sensors onto the front of the robot.
- For that, attach 2 standoffs of 15mm length using M3 bolts of 8mm length.
- Place the IR Sensors on the standoffs, using M3 bolts of 8 mm length.
Make Sure: That the potentiometer over the sensor should be facing downwards.
- Finally, bend the LEDs on the IR Sensor downwards.
Step 4: Logic
How, or rather when the robot follows anything depends on the state of the two sensors.
- If both sensors are OFF / RED, the robot should move in the forward direction.
- If only the sensor on the right is ON / GREEN, the robot should turn right.
- Similarly, if only the sensor on the left is ON / GREEN, the robot should turn left.
NOTE : You can find the calibration of IR Sensor here .
Step 5: Circuitry of the Robot:
We will connect the two DC Motors to M1 and M2.
And the IR Sensors are connected as:
- VCC – 5V of evive
- GND – GND of evive
- OUT – Digital Pin 3, 4
Step 6: Code:
Step 7: Conclusion:
With this, your Line Following Robot is ready for action! Go ahead and watch it follow the tracks laid down by you effortlessly.
To explore more projects, visit:
Participated in the
Electronics Tips & Tricks Challenge