Introduction: Little Heart Chocolate Sandesh
No meal is complete without a sweet treat, but in this fitness world we almost ignore the sweets due to its high calories.So how much can it be better if we get a low calorie sweet to complete our meal and the cravings.
Sandesh is a delicious light dessert, originating from the Bengal region of the Indian subcontinent. There are many variations of making sandesh recipe. All are quite simple as much as just kneading up the three basic ingredients sugar, chena ( coagulated milk ) and cardamom powder.
- Full cream milk- 1 kg
- Sugar powder- 3-4 Teaspoon
- Whipped cream
- CardamomDark ChocolateEdible gold paint
1.Take milk in a heavy bottom pan. Put it on heat to boil. Once the milk comes to a boil, remove pan from heat. and let it cool for 4 minutes.
2.Then start adding the diluted vinegar (equal amount of vinegar and water) 1 tablespoon at a time and in total 3 tablespoon . The milk will curdle. Note: if you milk does not curdle, you may add more vinegar.
3.Let the milk sit for 5 minutes after you have added the vinegar so that it curdles completely.
1. Line a strainer with a cheesecloth, pour the curdled milk over the lined strainer.
2.Use cold water to wash the chena (that has accumulated in the cheesecloth). Washing the chena is important to get rid of the vinegar taste. Chena is nothing but coagulated milk.
3.After you have washed the chena properly, bring all the ends of the cheesecloth together and squeeze all the water from it.
1.Remove the chena from the cheesecloth and transfer it to a plate. Crumble it with your hands and then start kneading/pressing it.
2.You have to knead for 4 to 5 minutes or until the chena becomes smooth and soft.
3.Now add powdered sugar to the chena and mix using a spoon. It will become all soft so use a spoon rather than using your hands.
1. Put a non-stick pan on low heat. Remember to use a non-stick pan and keep it on low heat only. Transfer the chena-sugar mixture the the pan.
2. Keep stirring continuously as you cook the chena, add cardamom powder (1/4 tsp). Cook for no more than 4 to 5 minutes. It will thicken up and leave the sides of the pan. If you cook for more than 5 minutes, the chena is going to crumble and turn grainy again.
1. Cover a tray from cleanwrap or butter paper.
2. Use a heart shaped cookie cutter and set the chena in it.
3. Remove the cutter slowly and let them cool and set in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
1. Melt dark chocolate in double boiler.
2. Cover the sandesh from the melted chocolate. Let it cool down in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Then paint half the heart from edible gold color.
At last make a small rose from whipped cream on top to give it a sweet look and present it to your loved ones.
As it is a milk product,do not store this for long.
Enjoy the pretty little hearts.
Participated in the