Introduction: MCPIZZA PUFF @HOME (COPYCAT RECIPE)
It is basically a savoury food prepared and stuffed with choice of veggies and pizza sauce
This homemade pizza Mcpuff recipe is very much inspired from the McDonald’s menu of the Indian outlet.
It is perhaps one of the popular, side snacks, on the Mcdonald’s Indian menu which has the combination of pizza and puff taste. Basically the stuffing is prepared with the veggies and pizza sauce later to be stuffed inside the puff pastry. Typically pizza puff is deep fried but can also be baked in oven till it becomes crisp.
I have always been a huge fan of pizza Mcpuff and I always make sure to order it whenever I enter Mcdonald‘s.
However in this COVID-19 crisis and extensive lockdowns in India I miss it very much . However I always wanted to give Mcpuff a shot . THUS, observing the McPuff 's filling i have developed this recipe which tastes and looks similar not same as the McPuff we get in India.
SOME TIPS ON REPLICATING THIS RECIPE AT HOME:
- First, the dough has to be kneaded with cold water and it has to be smooth and tight. otherwise the puff may have bubbles while deep frying.
- Second, the pizza sauce should be used generously to get delicious outcome.
- Lastly, add mozzarella cheese only after the stuffing has completely cooled down. We do not want the cheese to melt down and form a soggy stuffing.
SOME ADDITIONAL INFO:
PREP TIME:1 HOUR
COOK TIME:30 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME:1 HOUR 30 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 12 SERVINGS
SNACKS CUISINE: INDIAN
Step 1: LET'S MAKE THE DOUGH
THE MATERIALS NEEDED FOR THIS PART ARE :
- All Purpose Flour ----- 3 CUPS
- Salt ---- 1 TBSP
- Baking powder ---- 1.5 TBSP
- Oil (sunflower oil)-----4.5 TBSP
- Use cold water as per requirement while kneading the dough.
- First, in a large mixing bowl take 3 Cups ALL PURPOSE FLOUR, add 1.5 tbsp baking powder, 1 tbsp salt/ as per taste and 4.5 TBSP oil.
- Crumble and combine the flour well
- Further add in cold water as required and knead the dough
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes or till the dough turns smooth and tight.
- Cover the dough with the a moist cloth and let it rest for an hour.
Step 2: PREPARE THE STUFFING
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR STUFFING:
- Oil ----------- 2 TBSP
- Garlic finely chopped----------- 1 CLOVE
- Onion finely chopped -----------2 BULB
- Green Chili finely chopped -----1/4 CUP.
- Peas ----------1 CUP
- Sweet Corn -----------1 CUP
- Salt to taste
- Water -----------3 TBSP
- Pizza sauce / pasta sauce ---- 2 TBSP
- Tomato sauce ---------2 TBSP
- Mozzarella cheese grated ----1 CUP
- cottage cheese----------1 CUP
- Take a non-stick pan and heat the oil
- Add finely chopped garlic and saute it
- Add finely chopped onion and saute it for 2 minutes
- Add salt to taste
- Now start adding rest of the veggies CHILIES,CORN,GREEN PEAS, COTTAGE CHEESE
- DON'T ADD THE MOZZARELLA AT THIS MOMENT.
- Mix the ingredients well .
- Let is simmer for 7-9 minutes on a medium flame
- AFTER 9 minutes or so add pizza sauce and tomato sauce(On low flame)
LET THE STUFFING COOL DOWN
Then add MOZZARELLA CHEESE (You can add as much as you want !!!)
Mix it well and VOILA your stuffing is ready!!!!
Step 3: MAKING THE MOLD
- Uncover the dough and knead slightly .
- Cut out a small portion of dough and give nice spherical shape.
- Now using a rolling pin flatten out the dough on a rolling board make it circular.
- Now, using a cutter or a knife cut out the flattened dough into 2 equal rectangular slice and remove the access edged from it .
- Add small amount of stuffing on one of the rectangular slice (in limited quantity otherwise the puff will burst open while frying).
- Cover it with other rectangular slice and seal its edges . now use a fork to make designs on the edges of the puff (don't press too hard on the boarders)
NOW REPEAT THE PROCESS AND MAKE PUFFS FROM REMAINING DOUGH.!!!
Step 4: FRYING THE PUFF
- OIL FOR FRYING (I USED GROUNDNUT OIL)
- HEAT the oil on high flame for 4 minutes or so.
- Now steadily and slowly put the molds made in previous step in the hot oil.
- Fry it until they are GOLDEN-BROWN.
- Repeat the above step for other molds as well and VOILA you are now seeing an overflowing plate of McPIZZA PUFFS
Step 5: SERVE THE TASTY AND HOT MCPIZZA PUFF
SERVE IT AS YOU WISH
I Prefer it With my homemade tomato sauce
HAVE A NICE MEAL
THANK YOU FOR READING.......
TRY IT AT HOME AND GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACK.
Participated in the
Copycat Recipe Speed Challenge