Introduction: Make a Portable, Collapsible Clothing Rack From PVC for 10 Dollars in Under an Hour
My daughter needed a small portable clothing rack for a dance competition. Make this one out of PVC pipe and fittings in an hour for about $10. Don't use glue and you can take it apart for storage and transport.
- Two 10 foot lengths of 3/4 inch PVC pipe
- Six 90 degree elbows (3/4 inch)
- Two tees (3/4 inch)
- Two couplers (3/4 inch)
- Some colored duck tape fro decoration
- A saw
Step 1: Cut Pipe to Length
Start with the two 10 foot pieces of 3/4 inch PVC pipe.
- Cut 4 pieces to 24 inches for the uprights.
- Cut 1 piece to 18 inches for the cross bar.
- Cut 2 pieces to 18 inches for the long bases.
- Cut 4 pieces to 5 inches for the short bases.
Step 2: Assemble
- Take the short bases and insert them into the inline sections of the tees.
- Place an elbow on each end of the short base and tee assemblies.
- Connect the short base and tee assemblies with the long bases.
- Place an upright on each of the tees.
- Place a coupler on each of the uprights.
- Place another upright on each couple.
- Place an elbow on each of those uprights.
- Connect the elbows with the cross bar.
Step 3: Decorate
- Take various colors of tape.
- Wrap in short overlapping segments.
Step 4: Complete
It's cheap and quick to make. It only takes a minute to disassemble for transport and assemble for use.
Ready for any time you have quick clothes changes at your recital, competition, or whatever.
Participated in the
Hack Your Day Contest