Introduction: Make an Easter Top Hat
With this Top Hat you will be able to create magic and fun.
- Hat Body-1 piece of cardboard (20 inches X 8 inches) Make sure with this piece of cardboard the ribs are running vertical with the 8 inch axis. This is so it will roll easily later.
- Top of Hat-1 piece of cardboard (Circle that is 10 inches in diameter)
- Brim of Hat-1 piece of cardboard (Circle that is 14 inches in diameter with a hole in the middle that is 6 inches in diameter)
- Masking tape
- Decorations (Optional)
- Child safe paint (Optional)
Step 1: Cut All Needed Parts to Size
1 piece of cardboard (20 inches X 8 inches) Make sure with this cut the ribs of the cardboard are running vertical with the 8 inch axis. This is so it will roll easily later.
1 piece of cardboard (circle that is 10 inches in diameter)
1 piece of cardboard (Circle that is 14 inches in diameter with a hole in the middle that is 6 inches in diameter) )
Tips for cutting circles:
1. Cut a piece of masking tape that is half the diameter of your needed circle.
2. Use two pens. Connect the two pens with the tape from step 1.
3. Use one pen as a center point (remaining stationary) and the other pen to trace a circle by traveling the circumference of the needed circle. (pictures included)
4. Cut out drawn line of circumference.
Step 2: Prepare the Upper Part of the Hat.
Prepare the body of the hat by taking your scissors and cutting down from the top approximately 5 inches. (shown in picture). Then make a 5 inch cut down from the top every 2 inches of the length. Once complete roll the cardboard lengthwise to make it flexible.
Step 3: Create a Wider Area at the Top of the Hat
Fasten both ends of the hat body together to make one big tube. Once you set the body of the hat up on end, bend each of the 2 inch segments out and downwards for the 5 inch mark.
Step 4: Set the Hat Body on Top of the 6 Inch Hole in the Brim.
Tape the body of the hat into place with the brim.
Step 5: Place the 10 Inch Cardboard Circle at the Top of the Hat Body
Tape each of the 2 inch hat body pieces to the top piece with masking tape.