Introduction: Make Your Own Candy Crush Candy Color Bombs
Halloween is just around the corner. I have a lot of friends addicted to Candy Crush and thought I would show how to make your own! So here is your very own recipe and instructions on how to make Candy Crush candy color bombs.
Step 1: Gather Your Ingredients (size Matters)
This is a recipe for 2 “batches” (boxes). It's fun to mix it up and make one with milk chocolate and one with dark chocolate.
- 2 12 oz. cartons of Whoppers
- 1 small bag each of milk chocolate and dark chocolate (seriously, you don’t need very much at all, like 1/8 of a 12 oz. bag)
- large container of sprinkles (you will be tempted to buy the small one ["how am I ever going to use all of these sprinkles?" said me in the cake aisle] but DON’T. You will need the entire 7.5 oz. container)
Step 2: Preparation
- Dump the sprinkles into a small bowl
- Dump one box of the Whoppers into a box-of-whoppers size bowl
- Cover a cookie sheet with tin foil (this will go into the fridge later, so don’t put the foil right onto the counter, which is what I did the first time)
- Melt the chocolate (no more than 1/2 a bag, seriously) for a minute-and-a-half and stir
- Put all this on a table with a paper towel and a small spoon (not shown)
Step 3: Directions
- Roll a Whopper around in the chocolate with your fingers coating all of its surface (doesn’t need a lot, just so it’s covered)
- Toss the chocolate-coated Whopper into the small bowl of sprinkles
- Use the spoon to coat the rest of the Whopper so the whole thing is covered
- Use your other hand to carefully move the sprinkles-covered Whopper from the sprinkles bowl to the tin-foil-covered cookie sheet (when this hand starts to get messy, wipe it off with the paper towel or, if you are making these for your friends, lick your fingers clean–they won’t mind)
- Drink a sip of wine after every 4th Whopper (this step is optional but highly recommended)
- Repeat until the box of Whoppers is finished
- NOTE: if you drop a Whopper into the sprinkles before covering it with chocolate (likely because of all the wine you’ve been drinking), your punishment is to eat that Whopper
- When all Whoppers are done, put the lot in the fridge to harden
They look nice and are a fun surprise to give to someone who spends all of their free time lining up rows of colored shapes in hopes of reaching that next level!
Step 4: Eat 'em Yourself or Give to Friends
Nom nom nom.
Participated in the
Halloween Food Contest