Introduction: Medusa Paper Hat
Paper is an incredible building tool and an accessible way to expand our understanding of 3D modeling. Let's build a Medusa newspaper hat in the second of 8 Simple Newspaper Hat Tutorials. << Click the link to view the whole collection :)
Teachers and Parents:
For more details on how to extended this project for additional learning check out further resources in step 4. Topics include: Ancient Greece, Greek mythology, Architecture, and Philosophy.
- Single Sheet of Newspaper. *Note: You can also use a large flyer or wrapping paper.
- Fold the newspaper in half, so that it forms a long rectangle
- Arrange the rectangle so that the long FOLDED edge is at the BOTTOM, closest to from you.
- With the folded edge of the rectangle closest to you, fold one edge of the rectangle towards the center.
- Fold the second edge of the rectangle towards the center and overlap the first edge by an inch or two.
- Tape along the bottom 2" where the two piece of paper overlap to secure in place.
- Starting at the "open" edge furthest from you, cut 1/2" to 1" bands down the length of the paper, stopping 2" from the bottom edge
- Repeat along the entire top edge.
- Open along the bottom and place atop your head !
Step 4: Extended Learning
Ancient Greece, Greek mythology, Medusa, Architecture, Philosophy
Ancient Greek Mythology - Perseus and Medusa:
How to Make a simple Parthenon in Tinkercad:
3D Designing with Tinkercad: