Introduction: Mincemeat Muffins
If you have a sweet tooth, these muffins are the perfect Christmas Snack to enjoy over the holidays!
Step 1: Ingredients
300g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground mixed spice
100g soft light brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp milk
2 tsp demerara sugar / sprinkles
Step 2: Method
- Preheat oven to 200'C/400'F. Grease muffin tin or line with paper muffin cases.
- Mix flour, baking powder, mixed spice and brown sugar in a large bowl. In a separate bowl or jug, mix together the mincemeat, egg, melted butter, buttermilk and milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin cups, then sprinkle the tops with demerara sugar / sprinkles.
- Bake for 18-20min until risen and golden. Cool in tin for 10 min then turn onto a wire rack.
check out more delicious recipes on my blog Artsy Teen
7 years ago
Great recipe. Do you have any pictures of the process. Pictures of the individual steps really help people to follow along and duplicate it.
Reply 7 years ago
Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the individual steps for this recipe, but I'll definitely keep that in mind for future projects.