Introduction: Miniature Classic Guitar
Ever wanted to have a miniature of your favorite musical instrument, that you could take anywhere?
in three steps... together I'll show you how I made my own miniature classic guitar, and tell me if you made yours it too
Popsicle sticks or Balsa wood
Thin metal wire
Step 1: Cutting Out the Wood
first of all, cut out the wood by following the drawing plan as shown
and for the nick (Fingerboard) you can increase the thickness of it by putting multi-layer of wood glued together.
Take your time while cutting the shapes and sand it carefully
Step 2: Making the Body
At this stage, the object begins to take its final shape
Wet the wood first, then gently bend it and glue it to the edges of the bottom piece first as shown
1. Start with the bottom piece
2. wait until it's totally dry
3. Glue the Upper piece
4. hold it together using rubber bands and wait to dry
Step 3: Strings and Painting
1. Once you're satisfied with the shape glue the nick to the body using strong wood adhesive, then paint your miniature as you like.
2. And to make the position markers use thin metal wire and cut it out then glue it to the nick, use the drawing plan as a guide
3. Drill 6 holes in the bridge pins and another 6 into the nick.
4. For the strings, you may use nylon or any thick threads.
Don't forget to share your own project with me if you want to make your own miniature musical inturment. :)