Introduction: Mixed Dry Fruit Bars
- These mixed dry fruit bars are prepared using various nuts and seeds and can be healthy option to munch any time.
- One bowl of Almonds and cashews
- One bowl of Deseeded dates
- One bowl of figs
- Mixed seeds(sunflower seeds,flax seeds and sesame seeds)
- Few raisins
You can increase or decrease the quantity of nuts and seeds depending on your choice and you can even add any other seeds as per your choice.
Step 1: Microwave Figs and Chop Them
- First step is to microwave figs for few seconds. This is only done to make them little soft.
- Chop them and keep ready
Step 2: Blend Dates to Puree
- I have taken deseeded dates so it was easy to blend. If your using seeded dates, then first remove seeds,chop them and transfer to blender .
- Blend to puree.
Step 3: Blend All Nuts and Seeds to Powder
- Take almonds,cashews,sunflower seeds,flax seeds and sesame seeds in blender.
- Blend them to powder.
Step 4: Procedure for Making Bars
- Once we are ready with all ingredients for making bars take a vessel and add little melted butter to it.
- When butter melts add raisins and saute for few minutes.
Step 5: Add Chopped Figs and Mix
-Next add chopped figs and mix for few minutes
Step 6: Add Blended Nuts and Seeds Powder
Next add blended nuts and seeds powder and mix everything.
Step 7: Transfer to Wax Paper
- Now transfer prepared mix to wax paper and flatten using roller.
Step 8: Cut Them in to Bars
Finally cut them in to bars and store them in airtight container.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017