Introduction: Use Standard Size Bits With HDX 6-in-1 Screwdriver Tool
The Home Depot 6-in-1 Screwdriver cannot hold 1 and 2 inch screw bits since it is designed for double headed bits and the shaft is too deep. This mod will allow you to use the 1 and 2 inch bits with this screwdriver.
1. Makita Impact Insert Bit Holder (I chose this one over Milwaukee and DeWalt because the shaft was a little longer than the other 2)
2. Home Depot 6-in-1 Screwdriver
3. Duct tape
4. Standard sized 1 and 2 inch bits, like a Torx 20
Step 1: Place Mikata Bit Holder in Screwdriver
1. Remove the 2-sided bit that has the Philips #1 driver (the smaller one). This is the smaller hole in the shaft.
2. Place bit holder in screwdriver. Please note it will be loose.
3. Wrap the joint where the bit holder meets the shaft in duct tape to secure bit holder in place.
4. Insert Torx bit into bit holder.
5. Now the 6-in-1 can hold 1 and 2 inch bits, expanding the range of screw types that it can be used for, like Torx and Pozi Drive. In addition, if the double-sided bits get stripped, you can utilize this mod to extend the life of the screwdriver with 1 and 2 inch Phillips and Slotted bits.
Participated in the
Dorm Hacks Contest 2016