Introduction: Moving Hand
Hey guys!, today in this Instructable you will learn to make a hand that can move like a human hand.
So, let's get started.
(Note: Observe photos for reference)
Step 1: Making a Hinge
First we need to learn how to make a hinge, to make the hand move.
1. Take a box and change its dimensions to 15 X 15 X 13.
2. Take a hole box and change its dimensions to 20 X 5 X 15.
3. Align both the boxes in centre, but keep 2mm distance from behind. Group them.
4. Take a sphere, make it hole, and change its dimensions to 9 X 9 X 11.
5. Align the hole sphere with the previous figure in centre and group them.
6. Take another sphere and change the dimensions to 7 X 7 X 9.
7. Take a box and change its dimensions to 12 X 12 X 4.
8. Take a cylinder and change its dimensions to 12 X 8 X 4.
9. Align the box and cylinder as shown in photo 16 and group them.
10. Tilt it 90 degrees as shown in photo17.
11. Take the sphere made in step 6 align it with the first figure in centre as shown in photo 19.
12. Take the figure made in step 9 and align it as shown in photo 20 and 21 and group everything.
Your hinge is ready!!!
Now let's start to make the hand.
Step 2: Making the Hand
1. Take a box and change its dimensions to 100 X 15 X 13.
2. Take a cylinder and change its dimensions to 20 X 15 X 13.
3. Group them as shown int photo 6 and 7.
4. Take a hole box and change its dimensions to 15 X 13 X 22.
5. Take another hole box and change its dimensions to 100 X 1 X 22.
6. Join them as shown in photo 14.
7. Take both the figures, align and group them as shown in photo 15 and 16.
8. Take the hinge duplicate it and group with the figure as shown in photo 17.
9. Duplicate the finger to make 4.
10. Keep 2mm distance between each finger.
11. Set them as per your fingers.
12. Take a box and change its dimensions to 72 X 66 X 13.
13. Group it with fingers as shown in photo 22.
14. Take the figure shown in photo 23 and tilt it 120 degrees as shown in photo 24.
15. Group the hinges and the figure with fingers as shown in photo 30 and 31.
16. Take hinge and group it as shown in photo 32.
17. Take a hole box and change its dimensions to 70 X 48 X 15.
18. Duplicate a finger and group it with the hole box as shown in photo 34.
19. Tilt it 90 degrees as shown in photo 36.
20. Group it with the hand as shown in photo 37.
Your hand is ready !!!
2 years ago
Nicely done, and good instructions too! : )
Reply 2 years ago