Introduction: ON THIS FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS=GIFTING+DECORATING
This is my first ever instruct-able and believe me,it is filled with so much fun. On the occasion of Diwali also known as 'THE FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS',people use to decorate their homes ,purchase new things and sweet memories and gifts. The same is done by my family also.555 timer's astable mode is the one that came in my practical exams 2 times but both the times,I was unable to make this circuit(don't know how).So this diwali,using 555 timer I've made a gift and included this 555 in my rangoli too.
This instruct able mainly uses many used things at your house.
Step 1: COLLECTING THE PARTS
FOR DECORATING THE BALCONY OF HOME :
(Purchase theses as per the area of your balcony)
1. Diyas x 25
2. Candles x 2 packets
3. Match sticks
FOR RANGOLI :
5. Rangoli colors(green,magenta,purple,orange,yellow) x 2 packets each
6. Oil pastel colors and thread
7. PCB prototype board
8. 555 IC
9.Resistors(15K,1.1K) and Capacitors(.022uf,47uf)
12. Connecting wires
13. Solder wire and Solder iron
14. LEDs(8) and 1W Leds(2)
15. 9v battery x 2 and 4v battery x 2
FOR GIFT :
16. A gift box's top(a platform)
17. Some colored chart papers or handmade sheets(pink,green,blue,yellow....)
18. Glitter tapes(green,red and blue)
19. Glue and scissor
20. Some used and cheap earrings,stones and necklaces at your home
21. 9v battery x 1
Step 2: MAKING THE GIFT(FLOWERS With Leds)
1. Take a chart paper and cut out 5 pieces in petal shape from it.
2. Make 3 cuts in each petal and fold it along them.
3. Join them in flower form and cut out a circle from green paper and paste it on the bottom of the flower.
4. Decorate inside portion of flower with some paper cuttings of another color.
5. Make 2 holes in flower with the help of a pen and insert the led into it.
6. At the ends of led solder the wires and cover the wires with glitter tape(I've covered the +ve end with green one for all rest flowers too).
7. Repeat the same steps for 2 more flowers(In one flower,1W led is used instead of normal one).
Step 3: MAKING THE 555 CIRCUIT
First of all, you must be familiar with the functioning of 555 IC and it's different modes of operations.If not,then search for its theory party and explore this circuit working.
1. Set up the 555 astable circuit on the pcb board (using solder wire,components of circuit and solder iron as shown here).It is better to make the circuit first on breadboard,test it and then on pcb when you are satisfied with its working.
2. Since I'm using 9v battery, therefore at the output(pin 3 of 555 IC) 2x 2v leds and 1x 1watt(4v)led are connected in series.This 3 led's combination is drive by 9v voltage when the circuit functions.
3. The 3 leds in their respective flowers are connected in series through soldering the glittered tapes at their 2 respective ends.
4. To connect them,connect +ve end of 1st led with pin 3 of 555 IC,then solder its -ve end to 2nd led +ve end and then solder 2nd led's -ve end to +ve end of 3rd led followed by soldering -ve of 3rd led to pin 1 of 555 ic.
5. For providing supply to the circuit,connect the +ve end of 9v battery with one end of slider switch and solder another wire with that end of slider switch that makes the connection when the switch is a
in ON state(Be careful here).
6. Connect -ve of battery to pin 1 of 555 IC.
7. Don't forget to cover the ends of battery with glitter tape.
8. At the left space of pcb board, place some ear tops.(Decorate it as you like).
Step 4: DECORATING THE GIFT
1. Look out for some box lid or a platform for your assembly.Place the flower and 555 circuit on it and adjust it.
2. When satisfied with your placement, with the help of small paper strips cut out from colored paper paste them using glue.
3. Open up your drawers and collect the beautiful stones, necklace's part, used rings and earrings (anything that seems beautiful to you).
4. At last place them on the box and glue them.
Step 5: DECORATING THE HOME
Decorate it as you like using diyas, candles,lights, floating diyas -they are magnificent and numerous.Open up your imagination.
Step 6: MAKING THE RANGOLI
1. First of all using oil pastel colors, make a design on the floor.
2. To make circle,take a thread and at its one end tie one oil pastel color.Put this at the center of desired circle.
3. Open the thread as per the size (radius)of the circle as you like and then tie another oil pastel and cut the rest thread out.
4. Now make the circle with one person at the center holding the color and another person holding other end's color proceeding in anticlockwise or clockwise direction.
5. Color your design as per your imagination.
6. In my rangloi,I've put floating diyas in a bowl of water and placed them at the center.
7. There's also another 555 timer astable circuit and 2x (1watt leds powered by 4v battery) that I've placed in my art work.
Step 7: THANKS
HAVE A LOOK AT THE GLORIOUS SIGHT THAT YOU CAN CREATE............
HOPE YOU ALL WILL ENJOY CREATING IT AND YOU LIKE MINE ONE.VOTE FOR ME IF YOU LIKE MY CREATION.THANKS
Participated in the
Make It Glow! Contest
7 years ago
7 years ago
awosome to make.a great starting for instructable
7 years ago
A belated happy diwali to you :)
I love your rangoli, very beautifully made!
7 years ago
Happy Diwali for next year! :-) sister!
7 years ago
Awesome light up gift box.