Introduction: Oat Tuiles (Crispy Cookies) - Easy Recipe
These thin crispy cookies are super tasty and really easy to make. No mixer required, little cleaning up. Cheap, basic ingredients - butter, oats, egg white, powdered sugar, dash of vanilla/almond extract.
They're a great nut-free & wheat-free alternative to the traditional almond tuiles.
Recipe video above, please take a look!
Ingredients (I measure by grams, the volume measurements are just close guesses):
- 20g (4 tsp) butter - melted
- 60g (3/4 c) rolled oats **I use cheap porridge oats in the UK. Similar to US quick cooking oats.
- 1 large egg white (about 40g)
- 35-40g (4-5 Tbsp) powdered sugar
- tiny pinch of salt
- dash of vanilla or almond extract
- Mix melted butter and oats together first.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon 9 portions, each about a level tbsp, onto a foil-lined baking tray.
- Using the back of the spoon, spread out each mound into 7-8cm diameter.
- Bake in a preheated 170C/340F or fan 150C/300F oven for about 15 minutes, until mostly golden.
- Let cool before removing from foil.
1 Person Made This Project!
- Mag8891 made it!