Introduction: Outdoor Kids Activity: Spray Bottle Painting
This is a REALLY fun outdoor activity for kids of all ages!! It is inexpensive, not too messy, and perfect for those times when someone says "I'm bored!" It never gets old either....we have done this over and over again, and its still just as fun!
What you'll need:
Washable tempera paint (I prefer Crayola brand)
Empty spray bottles (you can get these at any craft store or the dollar store)
Blank white stretched canvases (I buy them in bulk at the craft store when they are on sale)
Plastic kiddie pool (one per child is ideal)
What to do:
1. Fill your spray bottles with the washable tempera paint. Don't try to use glitter paint. We did, and it immediately clogged the spray bottle. Add glitter at the end if you must.
2. Lay your plastic kiddie pool on the grass.
3. Put your blank white canvas inside the pool. (You could also use poster board if you didn't have canvas.)
4. Give your kid(s) the spray bottles. They will know EXACTLY what to do!
Why I love this:
1. I like outdoor activities, and this one is great because you can decide to be in the sun or the shade. Whatever you prefer, you are outside in the fresh air.
2. Using spray bottles is fantastic for building up the muscles in little kids hands for writing.
3. The artwork always turns out beautiful!! We use the stretched canvas because I always display these in our "art gallery."
4. For little kids, its a fun way to spend time with Mom or Dad....working on a "project" together.
5. The mess is COMPLETELY contained with no cleanup! Its amazing. We use the pool exclusively for outdoor painting, so it never has to be cleaned. We have other pools for swimming, etc...but this one is just for painting.
6. These make really great gifts for kids to give parents/grandparents etc. (Use smaller 8x10" stretched canvas)