Introduction: PANCAKES WITH a TWIST (Semolina Savoury Pancakes)
My mothers' traditional Semolina savoury pancakes is an easy to make , healthy snack for all age groups. Semolina, which is called 'Suji" in Urdu is known to have various benefits as compared to white flour. It's a must have in Ramadhan as an Iftari dish or just an evening snack on a lovely rainy evening with tea, semolina pancakes and some ketchup to bring it all together. Enjoy!
Preparation time : 40 minutes
- Onion (1 Large or 2 Medium)
- Tomato (1 Large or two Medium)
- Capsicum (1 Medium)
- Green Chilies (2)
Step 1: Making the Batter
- Take 10 table spoons of Semolina
- Take 10 table spoons of Yogurt
- Add a teaspoon of salt
Mix them all together to make a semi thick paste. Add water if necessary.
Let it rest for at least 30 minutes
Step 2: Cutting the Vegetables
Mince all the vegetables and green chilies , and put them in a bowl
Remember: Donot to add the inner part of tomato
Step 3: Lets Begin Making Pancakes!
Before you start to make pancakes, add a teaspoon of salt in the vegetable mixture and teaspoon of baking soda in the batter.
- Use a nonstick frying pan
- Add a teaspoon of oil on the frying pan (if necessary)
- Use low flame and heat the pan well, but shouldn't be too hot!
Step 4: Making Pancakes
Step 5: Final Look!
Participated in the
Kitchen Compromises Speed Challenge