Introduction: Pani Pure Recipe
Pani Puri or Golgappas is my most favorite chaat from childhood. I used to have pani puri often with my family on the streets and it was something I have thoroughly enjoyed. Pani Puri - a popular street food of India, where crisp fried dough balls are stuffed with potatoes, sprouts, spicy tangy water or sweet chutney.
I saw in Bigg Boss 8 Reality Show where Upen leaves Bigg Boss house after cozy date with Karishma. A table set for their first date. the happy couple excitedly sat across the table only to find another surprise - 'pani-puri'. The couple gushed as they remembered talking in private about having pani-puri for their first date once they leave the house. So, I think to make Pani Puri...
Step 1: Other Ingredients:
- 24-30 puris ( you could buy these puris ready made)
- 1 small bowl of tamarind chutney or tamarind dates chutney
Step 2: For the Stuffing
- 2 to 3 medium potatoes1 small to medium onion
- 1 to 1.5 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala powder
- ¼ tsp red chili powder (optional)
- black salt as required
Step 3: For the Pani Recipe:
- ½ cup chopped mint leaves
- ¾ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 inch ginger, chopped1 green chili, chopped (for a spicy pani, add about 2 to 3 green chilies)
- 1 tbsp seedless tamarind, tightly packed
- 3 to 3.5 tbsp crumbled or powdered jaggery/sugar or as required OR 1.5 tbsp chopped seedless dates & 1.5 tbsp powdered jaggery (the sweetness can be adjusted as per your taste)
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- 1 tsp chaat masala powder
- 2 to 3 cups of water (add water as per the consistency you want)
- 1 to 1.5 tbsp boondi/fried tiny gram flour balls (optional)black salt as required
Step 4: INSTRUCTIONS Preparing the Stuffing:
- Boil the potatoes till they are cooked completely.
- Peel them and then chop them.
- Finely chop the onion.
- In a small bowl, mix the potatoes, onions, coriander leaves, cumin powder, chaat masala powder and black salt. Mix well and keep aside.
Step 5: Method to Make the Pani:
- In a blender add all the ingredients mentioned above for the pani.
- Add little water and grind to a fine chutney.
- Remove the green chutney in a large bowl. Add 2 to 3 cups water. Mix well. Check the seasoning. Add more black salt or jeera powder or chaat masala if required. If you want a thin pani, you could add some water. But keep on checking the seasoning, as per your taste.
- Add the boondi to the pani.You can chill the pani in the fridge or add some ice cubes to it.
Step 6: Assembling Pani Puri:
- Crack the top of the puri with a spoon.
- Add 2 to 3 tsp of the boiled potato-onion filling in the poori.
- Stir the green pani first and then it and the sweet chutney as per your taste.
- Serve the pani puri immediately.
- You can also make individual portions with the puris, potato-onion mixture and the pani. Let the individual assemble the pani puri for himself/herself as per his/her taste.
- I copied Recipe from some were to make it..
Step 7: Date! Friend Circle!
All Indian Boy's and Girl's.... Enjoy your date or friendship....
Hope you like it......