Introduction: Peach Sangria Slushie
This white wine cocktail is a great frozen treat for yourself on a hot summer evening or while entertaining friends. It’s extra fun, super beautiful and tastes refreshingly AMAZING! The combination of ingredients create the perfect blend of flavour and sweetness. I really recommend adding mint as a garnish --- as the drink melts, the mint complements the peach and enhances the flavours.
This recipe does take some time to prepare. I suggest planning ahead by starting to make the simple syrup a day or two in advance.
Step 1: Ingredients
The amount of ingredients noted are for a two serving portion.
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) dry white wine, I prefer Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 ½ oz. brandy
- 1 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peach slices
- Mint Sprigs
Step 2: Supplies
- Measuring glass
- Small Pot
- Airtight containers
- Shot glass
- Wine glasses
Step 3: Make Simple Syrup
Simple syrup is simple to make!
Put ½ cup water in a small pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
Once water comes to a boil, remove from heat and add in ½ cup sugar.
Stir until the sugar dissolves completely.
Transfer the mixture into a small airtight container. Store in the fridge until chilled.
- This makes more than is required, but I like to make extra just to have on hand for the another batch of slushies.
- You will also need the simple syrup for the next step, so make sure you allow enough time for it to chill.
- Alternatively to using a pot, you could boil water in a kettle and add ½ cup boiling water to ½ cup sugar and stir until dissolved.
Step 4: Freeze
Pour 1 oz lemon juice, 1 ½ oz brandy, 1 ½ oz simple syrup, and 1 cup wine into an airtight container.
Place container in freezer. Freeze for at least 6 hours or up to 3 days.
The mixture will freeze, but not completely, so you’ll still be able to scoop it out.
Step 5: Blend
Remove drink mixture from freezer.
Add the frozen drink mixture and 1 cup of frozen peaches to the blender.
Blend until smooth.
Step 6: Serve
Divide the Sangria Slushie, using a spoon, into two wine glasses.
Garnish with mint sprigs.
Serve with straws or long spoons.
Enjoy (responsibly of course)!
Note: Feel free to chill the wine glasses in the freezer for 30 minutes before blending the drink.
Hope you enjoyed this Instructable on how to make this Peach Sangria Slushie!
Participated in the
Frozen Treats Speed Challenge