Introduction: Preparing the Epilog for Cutting
CHECK THE BED FOR POTENTIAL FIRE SOURCES
- Use the power switch to turn on the machine.
- Open the lid.
- Look through the honeycomb.
- If there are more than a few pieces of paper or combustibles under the bed, it will need to be cleaned.
- Press the down arrow to lower the bed.
- The button is located on the left side, towards the front, inside the machine.
- Flip up the three ruler guides.
- Remove the honeycomb.
- Take care to not hit the laser optics.
- Use a vacuum to clean the lower tray.
- Reinstall the honeycomb.
- The extended aluminum sides go down.
- Flip down the ruler guides.
Step 1: Load the Material
- Open the door.
- Check the tray and ruler guides before placing your material on the bed.
- The ruler guides should be flipped down flat, on top of the tray.
- Place your material flat on the honeycomb, taking care to not hit the optics.
- If using weights to hold down warped material, make sure the laser will not hit them.
Step 2: Focus the Laser
The laser must be manually focused before each job.
Never use the autofocus option.
- Press X/Y OFF.
- Press GO (to confirm).
- Gently move the gantry & optics until the red dot is
pointed directly at your material.
- If your material is warped, focus it at the average warped point of your material.
- Place the focus gauge on the pins.
- Use the up/down arrows to adjust the table height until you touch the material with the focus gauge.
- Place the focus gauge back on the front of the laser.
- Press RESET to exit X/Y OFF mode.
If you use the same material, and do not move the bed, you can continue to use the laser without refocusing.