Introduction: Pyramids on the Rainbow
This project was created from a special frame for photos with four cutouts,
seven transparent pyramids and a kit of led fairy lights.
Step 1: Materials
I used for this project the next materials:
- photos frame with four cutouts, general dimensions ~30.5 cm x 30.5 cm;
- seven transparent pyramids, plastic material, used for creating decorations;
height 2 cm, base diameter ~3 cm, diamond appearance;
- acrylic colors for painting the rainbow:
red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet and for the central area a gold color;
- cold silicone for bonding the pyramids;
- a Christmas decoration - led fairy lights-, with batteries;
the led has also a pyramidal shape.
- canvas for painting, dimensions ~29.5 cm x 29.5 cm;
- doubled-sided tape for bonding the canvas.
Step 2: Preparing the Canvas
I cut the canvas and bonded on the back support of the frame.
I sketched the four cutouts, for reference of their locations.
I bonded with silicone the seven pyramids, somehow random
and wait to dry.
Step 3: Painting the Canvas
- I painted the canvas with acrylic colors for the rainbow, covering
the surface completely.
Even the colors pattern seems to be random, the target was to see the
whole seven colors through the cutouts.
- In the middle area there are some shades of gold acrylic color.
- I installed the frame and secure it, with the metallic elements from the back.
Step 4: Final Decoration
- The frame was sufficient big to add an installation of small led lights.
They have a similar geometry (pyramidal).
- I passed the wire around all the pyramids. The box with the batteries
is behind the frame.
So, if I want, I turn on the lights!
Participated in the
Colors of the Rainbow Contest