Introduction: RECIPE | MUSHROOM SOY UDON NOODLE 2.0
Hey everyone! If you're familiar with my blog, you may recognize this Mushroom Udon Noodle from before. So I thought why not improve this recipe and give it even more flavour than before? I also wanted to film this recipe for my YouTube channel as I feel it's a solid dish, so make sure to watch how I make it by scrolling down. I'm also planning on making videos for older recipes to give my channel more content so I hope you guys don't mind.
Now about this dish! This is a quick Asian dish that is perfect for families or a day after work. Takes less than 15 minutes to fry. For this recipe, I'm using frozen Udon noodles, organic King Oyster Mushrooms, avocado oil by Chosen Foods, vegetable stock by Pacific Foods, green onions, garlic cloves, Mushroom Flavoured Dark Soy Sauce (light soy doesn't really work for this recipe), sesame oil, and black pepper.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you're not on Instagram, please share this recipe or my YouTube video with your family and friends across social media or by simple word of mouth. I'd appreciate it GREATLY!
Take good care,
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 3-4 | PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOK TIME 15 MINS
- 16 oz. or 454 g king oyster mushroom, sliced
- 3 servings of frozen udon noodle (8.82 oz per serving)
- 3 stalks of green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp of Mushroom Flavoured Dark Soy Sauce (not light)
- 2 tbsp of vegetable stock
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- In a medium size pot set on high heat filled with boiling hot water, blanch your frozen noodles until they are just loosened. Immediately strain in a colander. We only want to loosen the noodles, not cook them as they will cook in the pan later on.
- In a large non-stick frying pan set on medium heat, add your avocado oil. Then fry the garlic and green onions until soft approximately 30 seconds. Add your king oyster mushrooms and fry until the edges are brown, approximately 5 minutes. Add in the vegetable stock to infuse more flavour into the mushrooms.
- Toss your cooked udon noodles and mix. Pour in the sesame oil, followed by the dark mushroom flavoured soy sauce. Season with black pepper. Mix until noodles and mushrooms are evenly coated in sauce and remove skillet off heat. Serve and enjoy!