Introduction: Ramson and Feta Fritters
These ramson and feta fritters are just great. They are really tasty and yet easy to make either out in the woods on your camp fire or at home.
Step 1: Ingredients: Fritters
- 500g potatoes
- 2 medium eggs
- 20g plain flour
- 100g ramsons
- 160g feta cheese
- Olive oil Knob of butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
Step 2: Ingredients: Mint Dip
- 4 tbsp crème fraiche
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Step 3: How to Make the Ramson and Feta Fritters
- Peel and cut the potatoes, boil until tender, drain and mash
- Combine the mash with the eggs, flour, salt and pepper
- Cut the feta into 5mm cubes
- Chop the ramsons and along with the feta, fold into the potato mixture
- Heat the oil and butter in a non-stick pan
- Place a heaped tbsp. of the mixture in the pan and press down gently until flat
- Fry gently for 4 minutes on each side until just golden brown
- Serve with dip
Step 4: How to Make the Mint Dip
- Combine ingredients and set to one side
8 years ago on Introduction
These look tasty.
I had to look up ramsons though! From what I found they're a kind of wild garlic, sort of like chives. Is that correct?
Reply 8 years ago on Introduction
Yes, wild garlic is another name they go by, their latin name is Allium ursinum. They can be found in damp places in early spring.