Introduction: Setup NodeMCU Programming With Arduino IDE
In this instructable I'm going to show you how to program NodeMCU board using Arduino IDE. To do this you need to install drivers and add NodeMCU board to Arduino board list. Let's do step by step.
Step 1: Add Additional Board Manager URLs
Go to "File" > "Preferences". It will open the Preferences window. In that window check "Additional Board Manager URLs" section. This field is empty by defaults. You have to add following url,
Then click on "Ok" button.
Step 2: Go to Boards Manager and Install ESP8266 Package
1. Go to "Tools" > "Board" > "Boards Manager..."
2. When you move to this window your PC must be connected to internet. In this time packages downloading from previous step added Url.
3. After loading all the packages in Boards Manager window type "node" in search field.
4. If "esp8266" package is not installed in this section install it.
Step 3: Install NodeMCU Drivers for Windows
1. If you have successfully completed above steps then when you move to "Tools" > "Board" you will see,
Boards are available.
2. But if you connect your NodeMCU board to USB you will not see the Port in "Tool" > "Port".
3. That is because of NodeMCU drivers not being installed in your computer.
4. You can download drivers from following urls,
5. Please check the above YouTube video related to this Instructable.