Introduction: Seven Swans A-swimming
Create seven swimming swans with littlebits and recycled materials!
- 1 x Flap Top Box
- 1 x littlebit motor wheel
- 1 x littlebit servo shaft
- 1 x littlebit pressure sensor
- 1 x littlebit slide dimmer
- 1 x littlebit DC motor
- 2 x littlebit servo
- 2 x 9V Alkaline Batteries
- 2 x power Bit
Step 1: Marking Out the Placements of Servo Shaft and Wheel
Mark out the placement of the wheel and servo shaft on the flap of your box
Step 2: Powering Up LittleBit’s DC Motor
- Attach power Bit to a 9V alkaline battery.
- Snap a pressure sensor to power Bit. This pressure sensor responds to how much pressure you put on it. As such, we can use this to vary the amount of signal passing through and eventually control the speed of the DC motor.
- Snap littleBits DC motor to pressure sensor.
- Set DC motors to “cw” mode to make it spin in the clockwise direction.
Step 3: Powering Up LittleBits Servo
- Attach power Bit to a 9V alkaline battery
- Snap a slide dimmer to powerBit
- Snap a servo to slide dimmer
- Set servo to be in ‘swing’ mode, to make it move back and forth on its own
Step 4: Putting It All Together
- Attach wheel to motor’s axel .
- Attach shaft to servo’s axel.
- Close the box
Step 5: Decorate
- Decorate the box with 7 ‘swans’ using packing peanuts!
- Ensure that the pressure sensor is facing outwards for easy access!