Introduction: Simple $4 Minimalist LED Wall Light
Hello makers! Long time I'm not making some tutorials about my projects because I don't have right time to make it. So this time I'll make it for you!
Did you want to make your house or buildings looks better and minimalistic without spending much money for cool looking furniture? So this Instructable will tell you about making a cool minimalistic LED Wall Light!
It costs about $4 for me, so it's pretty low price right? It can run up to 250V AC, Better not exceed 250V
HIGH VOLTAGE IS DANGEROUS!DO IT WITH CAUTION AND WITH YOUR OWN RISK!
What materials will you need?
- Small Project Box
- 12V LED Strips
- 470nF 400V non Polar Capacitor
- 10uF 50V Electrolyte Capacitor
- 470KOhm Resistor
- 220Ohm Resistor
- 100mA Fuse
- 4x 1N4007 or 1x 500mA Diode Bridge
- Some cables
What tools do you need?
- Soldering Iron
- Jig Saw
- Heat Gun
- Silicone Glue
Step 1: Making the Design!
On this step, I leave it to you unless you can't make your own design, then just make it like mine!
But I'll not give details on here, because I forgot to take a pictures for the steps. You can watch the video if you want see how I made it!
- Watch the video or look at my pictures.
- If you have figured out how it gonna be, make a measurements then cut the acrylic or plexiglass.
- Make a measurement again for the project box, it should placed on the bottom but not too close from the edge, just give it some space to place it on center.
- After that, you can bend the acrylic followed by heating the bent line with Hot Air Gun.
- Glue the project box with Silicone glue and leave it dry first.
- On project box lid, make an holes for nail to hang it on wall and for the cables running into it.
- Go to next step! ⚠
Step 2: Making the Driver Circuit and Solder Everything!
The end of making this project!
WHILE MAKING THE CIRCUIT, PLEASE MAKE SURE THERE IS NO WRONG SOLDERING OR CONNECTION, DO IT WITH CAUTION AND WITH YOUR OWN RISK! HIGH VOLTAGE IS DANGEROUS!
I know I don't use fuse on the picture, but I install it after I finished everything.
Please follow the circuit that I've given on top, multiple checks is recommended while doing dangerous project.
After you finished, you can put LED Strips into the acrylic or plexiglass. The connection is series connection, 2 strips connected in series, then make it 4, after you making 4 series led strips, connect it into parallel connection, so the LED should run at 24v DC x4 LED Strips.
For finishing touch, you can paint it into white color or whatever you like, or just make it frosted like mine by sandpaper it with 200 grit sandpaper!
That's all for this project, I hope you like it! Consider supporting me on Patreon, or subscribe to my YouTube channel!