Introduction: Simple Crescent Moon Mandala Tutorial
Learn how to draw a crescent moon mandala in this easy to follow tutorial. It is divided into very simple steps accompanied with descriptive images.
Follow me on Instagram: @mandala_art_bymaria
Follow me on Pinterest:@mandalabymaria
Follow me on Facebook: @workshopsbymaria
Besides being a meditative art teacher, I illustrate and publish meditative mandala coloring books. Coloring a mandala is a very relaxing and simple activity that can be your gateway to meditative arts.
I hope that you will choose to add these books to your collection.
Mandala Coloring Book:
Amazon.in: https://amzn.to/2UOe574 Amazon .com: https://amzn.to/2UOe574 Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2UOe574 DE: https://amzn.to/2UOe574 FR: https://amzn.to/2UOe574 IT: https://amzn.to/2UOe574 ES: https://amzn.to/2UOe574 AU: https://amzn.to/2UOe574
Summer Mandala Coloring Book:
Amazon.in: https://amzn.to/2UKBaYc Amazon .com: https://amzn.to/2UKBaYc Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2UKBaYc DE: https://amzn.to/2UKBaYc FR: https://amzn.to/2UKBaYc IT: https://amzn.to/2UKBaYc ES: https://amzn.to/2UKBaYc AU: https://amzn.to/2UKBaYc
- A4 white paper or cardboard
- Sharpened Pencil
- 0.2 drawing pen, black (Uni pin)
- 12" Ruler
Step 1: Draw the Outline of the Crescent Moon Mandala
- Mark the center of your paper
- Trace a 10 cm radius circle
- Mark a point at the border of the circle.
- From this point draw another 10 cm radius circle.
- Erase the line outside the crescent.
Step 2: Draw the Mandala Grid Inside the Crescent
- Draw a grid inside of the crescent. Trace 8 circles that have the following radii: 1.5, 3.5, 5, 6, 6.2, 7.5, 8.5, 8.7 cm.
- Then trace grid lines separated by 10 degrees.
Step 3: Fill the First Two Rows of the Mandala
- Trace a very small circle of a 0.2 cm radius and color it in black.
- On the first row, draw one regular petal on each two grid sections.
- On the second row, draw a large tear drop that starts from the intersection of the previous petals, then draw one small tear drop on each side of it. Repeat this step on the whole row.
- Retrace the outline of the 3.5 cm radius circle. Color the blank spaces in black.
Step 4: Fill the 3rd Row of the Mandala Grid
- On the third row, draw one regular petal on each 2 grid sections. Decorate the inside of each petal with arcs. Color the blanks in black.
- Between each large petal, draw a smaller petal that has a double outline as shown in the picture above.
Step 5: Decorate the 4th Row of the Moon Mandala
- On the 4th row, draw one pointed petal on each two grid section.
- Between each two pointed petals, draw a tear drop.
- At the inner top of each pointed petal draw an empty circle.
- Retrace the outlines of the 6 and 6.2 cm circles.
Step 6: Decorate the Next Two Rows
- Next, draw one arc petal on each grid section.
- On the next row, draw one regular petal on each 2 grid sections, holding within to arc petals from the precious row.
- Decorate the inside of the petals with a leaf pattern as shown in the picture above.
- Color the tear drops in black.
- Retrace the outline of the 8.5 and 8.7 cm radius circle.
Step 7: Last Row
- On the last row, draw one large regular petal on each two grid sections.
- Decorate one side of these petals with tear drops as shown in the picture above.
- Draw a tear drop between each two petals.
- Retrace the outline of the crescent moon mandala.
Step 8: The Video Tutorial
You can find this tutorial in a clear video on my youtube channel.
To watch it please click below: