Sliding E.Piano/Keyboard Stand for DAW

Introduction: Sliding E.Piano/Keyboard Stand for DAW

About: I'm a music director at First Presbyterian and songwriter/composer in Ocala FL.

Need to move your keyboard forwards and backwards under your desk for use with your digital audio workstation? I did! So here's my solution: PVC pipes cut to size around the bottom metal poles of my keyboard stand. I then attached felt fabric to the pipes and wha-la! It took about an hour. Here's a step-by-step with pics. But first, here's what you need:

5' PVC pipe
PVC pipe cutter 
Tape Measure
1 Yard of felt fabric
All purpose spray adhesive (from an auto-store)
Sand Paper
Box cutter/knife
Black acrylic paint/paint brush

Step 1: Measure Each Leg

Measure from the inside of the rubber cap to the center beam. Each leg may be a different length (all four of mine are).

Step 2: Measure the Diameter

This will tell you how thick your PVC pipe needs to be. I ended up going with 1 1/4". 

Step 3: Purchase PVC Pipe

Step 4: Take Rubber Caps Off :)

This may be the hardest part as it required great strength and dedication. But they all came off :)

Step 5: Cut Your Pipes

Measure off and cut the pipes

Step 6: Sand the Pipes

This will help the felt stick better to the pipes

Step 7: Attach Cloth

Get your cloth set up/cut to size. Use spray adhesive and roll on to cloth

Step 8: Cut the Ends

Cut the ends with the box cutter, use the scissors to clean the edges.

Step 9: Paint the Edges

Paint the edges. I also painted on the inside of the pipes about a half inch around.

Step 10: Put It All Together

You're done!

Be the First to Share


    • Remote Control Contest

      Remote Control Contest
    • Build a Tool Contest

      Build a Tool Contest
    • Fruits and Veggies Speed Challenge

      Fruits and Veggies Speed Challenge



    6 years ago

    This is really great. You've inspired me to try assembling a long IKEA Linnmon table with Olov adjustable legs so that my keyboard can fit underneath. I was originally going to use furniture sliders underneath the keyboard stand, but this looks more elegant.


    Reply 6 years ago

    is this the 59'' linnmon table top from IKEA, btw?