Introduction: Soft Portable Swing
This swing is created entirely out of woven cotton, a natural material. It's a very
compact model and easy to install. Enjoy swinging!
Step 1: Materials
- A lot of rope, approximately 120 m woven cotton with a diameter of 4 mm.
- Needle and thread
- Knitting Needles
- Crochet Hook
- Cloth and stones for the pocket
- 1 carabiner, 1 P-Mousq Nick. 68X13mm
- 2 special iron hooks, typically used in swings
Step 2: Knitting the Seat
Knit the seat, you can choose the size you want. I made a surface of 30cm by 40cm.
The plane is knit entirely right. Knitting the seat takes quite some time but it’s a fun activity.
Tip: For those who have no experience with knitting, there are a lot of useful tips on the internet.
Step 3: Finishing the Seat
Now I crocheted an edge all around the seat, this makes for a better finish. With a crochet hook you can also hide the loose ends.
If preferred you can first mask the ends with tape.
Step 4: Rope
You need 6 ropes, these are to be sew to the seat. 3 of the ropes are to be attached on one side of the seat, the others on the other side.
Once sewn, the ropes are ready to be braided. I made them around 7 m long.On the other side, you make two loops, these are braided as well.
Step 5: What Else?
You attach the 2 metal hooks at around 35 cm of the seat to the ropes. One on each side.
We use a weight attached to a nylon thread to get the swing over a high branch. The nylon is connected to the rope with a carabiner.
Step 6: How to Use?
- Step 1: Attach the carabiner to the end of the rope.
- step 2: Throw the little bag over a branch. Repeat this with the other rope.
- step 3: Go with both ends of the ropes through the loops.
- step 4: Go with the ropes through the metal hooks. Now you can adjust the length of your ropes.