Introduction: Spiced Pickled Radish
I love this spiced pickled radish for several reasons.
- It tastes delicious!
- Easy to make: Takes less than 5 min and so easy to make, even kids can make it.
- Ready to eat in a couple of days.
- It adds so much flavor to hamburgers, hotdogs or sandwiches.
When it comes to recipes, I like the simpler and the shorter instruction without compromising on quality and taste!
I tried to put all the steps in just 3 pictures.
Let me know if you are making one or have any questions.
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Hot Pepper Powder - You can add less or more as you like.
- 1 med size (approx 8 inches in length) White Radish - AKA Japanese Radish or Daikon)
- 1-2 Jalapeno Peppers (Optional) - You can add less or more as you like.
- 1 tsp Peppercorns (optional)
Note: You can add more salt, sugar, vinegar or hot pepper powder if you prefer.
Step 1: Items You Need to Make This Spiced Radish.
Most of the items you may have already at home.
Step 2: Cutting/Slicing White Radish and Jalapeno Peppers
- Slice white radish: ¼ inch thick round shape and ½” Julian cut.
- Slice Jalapeno Peppers.
Transfer cut/sliced pieces to an airtight container or a glass jar. Set aside for now.
Step 3: Putting It All Together
- In a large bowl, combine water, sugar, vinegar, salt, hot pepper powder and mix well until salt and sugar are well dissolved. *** Taste the mixture and see if you would like more seasoning. This is a good time to add more seasoning if you like. i.e. If you like spicier, add more hot pepper powder.
- Pour the mixture over the radish that you prepare it earlier.
- Keep it in the refrigerator at least 2-3 days before serving.
It can be refrigerated for up to 8 weeks.
Participated in the