Introduction: Super-Easy 5 Ingredient Apple Crumble Pi(e)
Want to use up those un-eaten apples in the cupboard, don't have enough ingredients to make something more complex? Or just want to make something nice 'n' simple? Try this super-easy recipe that takes ONLY 5 INGREDIENTS!!!
Step 1: Prepare Your Ingridients.... (Only 5! (: )
For Apple filling:
Step 2: Making the Filling
Preparing the Apples:
1. Take three apples and cut them into quarters.
2. De-core the apples.
3. Slice them into 0.5cm pieces.
4. Now take the sliced apples and cut them in half as shown in the picture above.
5. You should end up with the a large pile of sliced apples as shown above.
Stewing/Cooking the Apples:
1. Place all the sliced apples in a large pot.
2. Add 1/2 a cup of water
OPTIONAL: 2 tablespoons of sugar. (If you like the apples sweet)
3. Add around 3/4 of a tablespoon of ground cinnamon
4. Mix the apples and the ingredients around a bit then cook this over the stove at medium heat until the apples are soft.
5. Pour the apples (not the juice! Because it makes the pie soggy) into baking pan.
Step 3: Making the Crumble Topping!
For making the crumble topping we follow the ratio of:
Flour 2 : 1 Butter/Margerine (OPTIONAL: replace a quarter of the flour with oats, it gives it a nice crunch!)
So, 2 cups of flour and 3/4 to 1 cup of butter.
1. Take the butter and mix it with the flour, mix until it is like bread crumbs, with a crumbly texture.
2. Add 60g of sugar for every 300g of crumble.
3. Mix this together.
Step 4: Baking
NOTE: Only pour the crumble on top of the filling when you are prepared to bake (ie. Don't leave the crumble to soak up the apple's juice, otherwise the crumble will lose its crunch and will be soggy.)
1. Pour the crumble mix on top of the filling and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius (356 degrees Fahrenheit)
2. Bake until the crumble topping is golden brown.
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy!!! :D
Serve and enjoy!
You can serve the pie alone or with Custard, Cream or Milk (All ways are nice! (: )
Hope you like it! Please vote for me in the Pi Contest and post photos of what you made below! Thanks!
Participated in the
Pi Day Pie Contest
Participated in the
Full Spectrum Laser Contest