Introduction: Taco Soup
Taco Soup is a Mexican style chili-like soup.
- One Pound of Ground Beef
- One 15 oz Can of Corn
- One 15 oz Can of Pinto Beans
- 1 oz Taco Seasoning Mix
- 4 cups of Vegetable Juice (V8 low sodium)
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- Mexican Blend Cheese- Desired amount
- Crushed Tortilla Chips- Desired amount
- Sliced Avocado- Great Side(Optional)
- Large Pot with Top- About 4 Liters
Step 1: Cooking the Beef
Using the same pot you will eventually cook the soup in, cook the ground beef on medium-high to brown it. Make sure all the meat is brown and finely chopped.
Step 2: Adding the Ingredients
After the meat is done put the temperature at low-medium. Add all ingredients except the cheese, tortilla chips, and avocado. Mix well and cover with top.
Step 3: Cooking the "Soup"
Cook the soup at low-medium for approximately 4 hours, or until beans of softened. Stir the soup every hour.
Step 4: The Final Touches
After it has cooked, pour yourself a bowl and add crushed tortilla chips and Mexican blend cheese to the top. Also, a sliced avocado makes a great side.