Introduction: The Best Malva Pudding
Malva Pudding is great with Ice cream or Vanilla Custard.
250 ml Sugar
15 ml Apricot Jam
30 ml Butter
5 ml Vinegar
125 ml Milk
310 ml Flour
5 ml Bicarbonate Soda
1 ml Salt
250 ml Fresh Cream
125 ml Butter
125 ml Water
5 ml Vanilla Essence
30ml Golden Syrup (optional)
4 Star Anise (optional)
1. Heat the oven to 180°C
2. Beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the apricot jam
4. Melt butter in a small pot on medium heat and add the vinegar and milk
5. Sift the flour, bicarb and salt together and add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
6. Pour into a deep round dish or an ovenproof casserole dish that takes about 2 litres
7. Bake at 180°C for 45 minutes until the top is nicely browned
1. Bring the butter, cream, sugar and water to the boil and simmer, add star anise, vanilla essence and golden syrup and stirring all the time for 5 minutes.
2. Remove from the stove. Pour over the hot baked pudding.
You can use Amarula Cream for Sauce.
For Brandy Pudding:
add 100 ml chopped Mixed Nuts (Walnuts), 100 ml Dates (Stone and Chopped) and 50 ml Glazed Cherries to the batter.
add 100 ml Brandy to the Sauce.
Participated in the
Mexican Food Contest