Introduction: The Golden Snitch
So.... have you gotten your Hogwarts letter yet?, yeah me neither.......
Well hopefully this will entertain you till then! If your a Harry Potter fan or know a Harry Potter fan then you will love this pattern! This is the golden snitch pattern by Heather Smith aka ambiguousginger! I did change the amount of rows in the middle of the ball because of the size though but other than that its completely their pattern. This is a super quick super fun fast gift or just a fun little time passer! It comes in handy when your in quarantine too! This should be a perfect pattern for newcomers to crochet as it is extremely simple! I am also selling these guys on my Facebook page Every Little Stitch Counts and 50% of profits go to 3 different charities so be sure to check that out! 150 POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR!!!! Enjoy!!!
Sc = Single crochet
SlSt = Slip stitch
Ch = Chain
Yo = Yarn over
Dec = decrease
Step 1: The Ball
1. create a slip knot then chain 2, place 6 single crochet stitches in the 1st chain you made.(6sc in MR)
2. place 2 single crochet in each stitch repeat across the row (inc)
3. single crochet 1 stitch, then single crochet 2 stitches in the next stitch repeat across the row (sc1,inc)
4-7. single crochet 4 rows (sc)
8. single crochet 1 stitch, then decrease in the next (sc1,dec)
9. decrease around the row (dec)
fasten off and sew your piece through to tighten after stuffing.
Step 2: When Golden Snitches Fly.....
1. make a slip knotand place 6 single crochet in the first stitch you made.
2. single crochet 2 in every stitch across the row (inc)
3. single crochet 1, then place 2 single crochet in the next stitch repeat around the row (sc1,inc)
4.Left Wing: chain 9, then slip stitch in the same stitch,chain 7 then slip stitch, then chain 5 and slip stitch, and again chain 5 and slip stitch in the next stitch.
4.Right Wing: chain 5 then slip stitch in the same stitch,and again chain 5 and slip stitch in the same, chain 7 and slip stitch in same. And last but not least... chain 9 and slip stitch in the same stitch,slip stitch 1 to fasten off.
fasten off and cut your yarn, and sew tightly to both sides of your snitch.
Participated in the
Yarn Speed Challenge