Introduction: The Mother of All Chili's
A fantastic chili made with ground beef,onions,green peppers,tomatoes,kidney beans and spices. Served with shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top and crackers on the side. Best chili to ever pass your lips!
3 lbs. Ground Hamburger
2 Sweet onions, diced
1 Green Bell pepper, seeded,DE-veined and diced
2 15oz. cans of diced tomatoes
4 cups of water
3 15oz. cans of dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
6 cloves of garlic, fine diced
1 8oz. can of tomato paste
2 tbs. chili power
2 tbs. salt
2 tbs. crusher red pepper flakes
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
shredded cheddar cheese ( optional )
crackers ( optional )
1) Brown hamburger in 8 qt. stockpot, after browning, ladle out most of the fat.
2) Add diced onions, pepper and garlic to the beef and cook on medium heat until onions are transparent.
3) Add tomatoes and water.
4) Add tomato paste and stir to combine.
5) Add kidney beans and all spices
6) Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on low heat for 3 hours, stirring frequently.
7) Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and crackers on top if desired.
Participated in the
Soup and Stew Contest